As part of the light rail project, construction works are scheduled at the intersection of Botany St and High St from 1 February 2019. Work may also take place on cross-streets and side streets around the area. As part of this work, kerbs, footpaths, edge beams and road pavements will be created.
When is this work happening?
Work will be continuous from:
- 9pm Friday 1 February to 5am Monday 4 February
- 9pm Friday 8 February to 5am Monday 11 February
How will this affect me?
- There will be some changes to traffic, parking, pedestrian, cyclist and bus movements during the work.
- Work may at times be subject to further approval and work periods may, subject to weather or unforeseen circumstance, be rescheduled.
- You may experience some noise and vibration during this work. Efforts will be made to schedule the noisiest work during the daytime and evening.
- Noise monitoring will be conducted and, where practical, mitigation measures such as noise blankets will be used to minimise impacts as much as possible. Vehicles will be switched off when not in use to minimise noise.
- Where required, any dust generating activities will be watered down.
Traffic, transport and pedestrian changes
From 9pm Friday 1 February until 5am Monday 4 February and from 9pm Friday 8 February to 5am Monday 11 February 2019, the following changes will be in place
(please see below map):
- Botany Street will be closed to general traffic between Barker and Arthur Streets. Local access will be maintained.
- The signals at the intersection of Botany and High Street will be flashing amber and under the management of traffic controllers.
- High Street will be closed to traffic between Hospital and Wansey Roads.
- Westbound traffic on High Street will be diverted via Hospital Road and Barker Street.
- The pedestrian crossings on eastern High Street will be temporarily closed and the northern pedestrian crossing on Botany Street will be moved approximately 20 metres from the intersection.
- There will be two-way access on Wansey Road between High and Arthur Streets.
- The intersection of Wansey Road and High Street will be under the management of traffic controllers.
- Please note that the cycle path on the eastern side of Wansey Road will be closed to enable the two-way access. Cyclists will need to dismount and follow the direction of traffic controllers.
- Access to buildings, driveways and pedestrian footpaths will generally be maintained.
- Any interruption to property access will be discussed in advance with impacted stakeholders.
Parking on eastern side of Botany Street between Arthur Street and High Street will be temporarily removed when work is taking place.
- From 9pm Friday 1 February to 5am Monday 4 February and from 9pm Friday 8 February to 5am Monday 11 February, buses on Botany Street will be diverted and bus stops will be temporarily closed:
- Bus route 370 towards Coogee will be diverted with temporary stops on Barker Street and Belmore Road. Services towards Leichhardt run as normal.
- Bus route 418 will be diverted in both directions with alternative stops on Avoca Street and Belmore Road.
- The timetable remains the same for both routes.
- Signs will be at each closed bus stop to direct customers to the nearest alternative stop.
- For more information about this work, please call 1800 684 490 or email SLRcommunity@acciona.com.
- For urgent enquiries or complaints call the Light Rail 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
- For the latest information on traffic conditions related to construction in the area, visit www.livetraffic.com
- For further information about the CBD and South East Light Rail Project, go to www.sydneylightrail.transport.nsw.gov.au.