New UNSW staff members are automatically added to the ID card system.
Staff ID cards are available from the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2, Mathews Building between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. You should try to collect your ID card within your first week at UNSW.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged ID Cards
If your card is lost or stolen, please email ID Cards to cancel your existing card, so it cannot be used illegally.
- Replacement cards take approximately one hour to activate after issue.
- Your UNSW staff ID card should never be lent to other people.;
- Any misuse of your card will be identified back to your name. If Security and Traffic Management office identify misuse of a UNSW ID card, the card will be confiscated.
- All staff cards currently being issued do not have an expiry date.
- A fee of $25.00 applies for lost/misplaced staff, contractor and visitor ID cards.
You can have your ID card replaced at the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2 Mathews building between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If your card is due to expire, you can have your card replaced at the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2 Mathews (F23) between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. There is no replacement fee for expired cards.
Note: If your card has been expired for more than three months, you may need to request building access via the Administration Team in your faculty/school/division.
External staff (people who are not on the UNSW payroll) must pay $25.00 for a new or replacement ID card. The fee is not charged for the replacement of an expired card, if you present the old card.
Your building access must be authorised by the Administration Team in your faculty/school/division. Access is generally authorised when a card is first issued. Any additional requests for access should also be made via your local Admin team or EM Project Manager.
- Discuss the areas to which you require access with your manager.
- Ensure you carefully read the Staff ID Terms and Conditions on myUNSW.
- The Administration Team in your area will email ID Cards to process the request.
- Access to requested areas will be available within one to two working days.
Online Payments for ID Cards and Lanyards
UNSW staff and contractors may pre pay for their replacement ID cards or lanyards online before they arrive on campus.
Contractors need to complete the Online Contractor Induction Training prior to making a payment.
Currently induction forms are to be signed by the EM Project Manager and presented to the Parking and Traffic Management Office. ID cards will not be issued unless the induction form is signed.
The online payment system will generate a receipt and email it to you. You can present the email or receipt to the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2, Mathews building between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Contact Estate Management via email or on 9385 5111 for more information regarding EM online inductions.