UNSW is committed to the safety of all students, staff, contractors and visitors to our campuses.
UNSW does not tolerate aggressive, violent or harmful behaviour.
UNSW Security is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is located at Gate 2, on High Street. You can contact Security at any time on 9385 6000 or in the event of an emergency on 9385 6666.
Take these precautions to look after your belongings:
- Keep your belongings with you at all times
- Keep your valuables hidden from sight
- If your valuables are stolen contact UNSW Security Services immediately.
Take extra precaution at night with these recommendations:
- Preference using University Walk as a route - it is patrolled by Campus Security Officers
- Report any lights which are not working to Security Services on 9385 6000
- Use the free Night Shuttle Bus which runs Monday-Friday from 6.30-11.30pm during term
- Request a Safety Escort to your car or other mode of transport, on or off campus, by calling UNSW Security on 9385 6000 or by visiting one of the Help Points.
Report any suspicious behaviour or suspected criminal activity to UNSW Security on 9385 6666.