Your safety and the security of your personal belongings is a high priority at UNSW. A few simple precautions can considerably reduce your risk and enhance your safety:
- Don’t leave your belongings anywhere at any time
- Avoid carrying large sums of money
- If you carry a bag, hold it under your arm or in front of you
- If your bag or wallet is stolen report it immediately to UNSW Security Services.
If you are on campus at night remember to:
- keep to well-lit areas and use paths such as University Walk, which is patrolled by Campus Security Officers
- be alert, don’t walk with your earphones in your ears
- keep your valuables hidden from sight
- try to walk in groups or pairs and arrange to walk home with friends
- never take short cuts through parks or vacant lots
- report any lights which are not functioning to Security Services (9385 6000)
- use the free night shuttle bus which operates on weeknights between 6.30pm and 11.30pm in session
- contact Security Services (9385 6000) and request an officer to accompany you to your car, bus stop or local streets off campus.
Remember: Report any suspicious individuals or activities, incidents or crime in progress to Security Services on 9385 6666.