With tram testing now underway in the Kensington and Kingsford areas, traffic conditions are also changing.
Pedestrian crossings around UNSW have begun to change as preparations are underway along the light rail route ahead of operations.
Changes include a staggered two staged approach at some crossings.
The new pedestrian crossings are now in place at Anzac Parade outside UNSW and NIDA at Kensington.
Using the new crossing:
When you push the signal button, the green crossing will allow you to the middle of the crossing where the light rail stop is.
When the button is activated on both sides of the road, the entire crossing may be sequenced together.
Remember it is important to only cross on the green.
- Be aware at intersections for trams and follow traffic signals.
- Always use designated crossing points, push the signal button and wait for the green signals before crossing the road.
- Step over tracks as they can be slippery when wet.
- Always look both ways and remember trams can approach from both directions.
- For prams, cyclists and wheelchairs, cross tracks on an angle to avoid wheels getting stuck in the tracks.
Visit Sydney Light Rail for more safety tips
For more information:
Project enquiries: 1800 684 490
Urgent enquiries or complaints: 24-hour Construction Response Line: 1800 775 465
For the latest information on construction dates and locations: www.livetraffic.com