If you are a contractor commencing work at UNSW, you must complete the Contractor Induction Training. Please visit the contractor safety portal to get started and view UNSW's HS801 Manual for detailed instructions.
UNSW Design Documents
Development Control Plan (DCP)
The DCP is the statutory planning document that governs planning and development at the Kensington campus.
Campus Planning and Design Specification
This specification is designed to inform planners, architects, other consultants and government authorities of the key objectives and principles for future development at the Kensington campus.
UNSW Design & Construction Specifications
If you are a contractor undertaking work on behalf of UNSW, please ensure you follow the appropriate UNSW Design & Construction Specifications below.
- Section A - Introduction - Rev 4.1 (PDF) (August 2004)
- Section B - Development & Planning - Rev 4.1 (PDF) (August 2004)
- Section C - Architectural Requirements - Rev 6 (PDF) (May 2018)
- Section D - External Works - Rev 4.1 (PDF) (August 2004)
- Section E.1 - Hydraulic Services - Rev 6 (PDF) (April 2018)
- Section E.2 - Mechanical Services - Rev 6 (PDF) (September 2018)
- Section E.3.1 – Low Voltage - Rev 6 (PDF) (April 2018)
- Section E.3.2 - Lighting - Rev 6 (PDF) (September 2018)
- Section E.3.3 - Special Systems - Rev 5 (PDF) (December 2018)
- Section E.3.4 - High Voltage - Rev 6 (PDF) (April 2018)
- Section E.3.5 - Photovoltaic Systems - Rev 1d (PDF) (June 2019)
- Section E.4 - Communications - Rev 4.20a (PDF) (June 2016)
- Section E.5 - Lift Design Standards - Rev 19 (PDF) (August 2015)
- Section E.6 - Fume Cupboards - Rev 4.1 (PDF) (August 2004)
- Section F - Specific Area Requirements - Rev 4.2 (PDF) (Dec 2006)
- Section G - Signage Specifications (PDF) (July 2013)
- Section H - Energy Efficiency (PDF) (September 2018)
- Appendix 1 - Automation and Control Systems - Rev 6.1 (PDF) (April 2019)
- Appendix 4 - UNSW Drafting Standards (PDF) (January 2018)
- Appendix 5 - UNSW Standard Preliminaries - Rev 4.1 (PDF) (Sept 2005)
- Appendix 6 - For the latest specifications, please email Security & Traffic Management
- Appendix 7 - UNSW Energy Management Metering Requirements - Rev 5.0 (PDF) (July 2019)
- Appendix 8 - UNSW Room Numbering Standards - Rev 1.6 (PDF) (Jan 2015)
- Appendix 9 - UNSW Stormwater Masterplan Strategy - 2025 (PDF) (July 2018)